Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bale - a ridiculous valuation

He is valued at $ 105million.
So says the Spurs Management.
Really?
For a 24 year old who has never been tested on the big stage, I for one, will NEVER pay such an amount. Sure he has potential. But will it be realized in a SHORT PERIOD of TIME?
Madrid needs Trophies NOW. Madrid needs its DECIMA NOW.
Can Bale bring in the silverware?
Maybe.
But not in one year. He needs to adapt to the higher European standards. Before he fully integrates into the team. At White Hart Lane, Spurs played for him. At the Santiago Bernabeau, he will have to play for Ronaldo and the Team. It takes time to adjust and get used.
Further putting a $105 million price on his head - will be too much pressure on a young lad.
Then what happens to Ronaldo who likes moving to the left wing position during the match or to Marcelo who loves to go up and down the left flank?
Hold on Sr. Perez, even if Ramos has been quoted as saying he believes the price tag is reasonable, you need a STAR ( sure shot ) signing NOT a BIG PRICE signing.
I feel the Madrid supporters are saying - you don't have to do anything if the quality is not available. Keep looking.

 

4 comments:

  1. Spot on Mr Mukherjee , I don't think Perez will pay that much for him, he will now inflate the price even more through his friends in the media and later on come and say that he wasn't worth it.

    Tottenham can value him at 200 M if they like but i doubt that Perez will pay more for Bale than he did for Ronaldo

    The problem is there arent that many world class attacking players on the market at the moment , which is why this Bale thing is dragging on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neatly analysed Mr Mukherjee......I hope Perez behaves like Jitu has predicted....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they've pushed up the price so that no once else can afford him. That way he stays at Spurs and Real don't have to face him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Spurs have raised the price so high, can they lower it to realistic levels in the future?
      I do not think this bodes well for either SPURS or BALE.
      For a start no major Club will open talks for Bale without being absolutely sure that Bale is worth $100mln +.
      Secondly dealing with the Spurs Management will always prove difficult because of the unreasonable demands.
      I say come on - Neymar went to Barca for what $ 85mln.
      Is there any comparison?

      Delete