Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Unseeded Pennetta beat the 10th Seed - Vinci in straight sets!!

In straight sets 6-4 and 6-1, Flavia Pennetta beat her doubles partner Roberta Vinci.
It was a convincing victory. In fact it was very very easy sailing through to the semi finals for Pennetta.
I am surprised and may be its because I do not understand the seedings system in these tournaments, how easily an unseeded player can topple a seeded player.
We saw it the other night when Robredo beat Roger Federer in straight sets and now, we saw Pennetta beat Vinci convincingly.
I am sure its not good for tennis if these Major tournaments get the seedings wrong.
The spectators who have come to witness a close, hard fought match are treated to a very docile and tame match.
It is unfair and I think someone is trying to "fool" the big bucks paying public.
What do you think?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment